talents include POSTING SHIT ON THE WRONG BLOG OOPS
talents include POSTING SHIT ON THE WRONG BLOG OOPS
omg I didn’t seee this until I got a submission today wow thanks for your interest! i love all my fuckers but I do have kind of a tendency to see Peaches as the badass mary-sue obnoxiously ownin’ every scenario shes placed in b/c i can do what i want w/e
also I haven’t thought about any romantic stuff or what relationships and dynamics are even going to form I’m more like just let it happen if I ever even make a canon plot, but like ship all of them with each other if you want i’m so down with that
I am working on stuff and will get back to updating regularly and also doing the 30 day stupid fucking challenge I will not abandon it god damn, however I did not know anyone was even watching this blog and I’m nervous now
Day 2 - Draw your main protagonist’s love interest/partner. (if they have one)
here’s the thing I’m going to do this later lol.
I want to think harder about this stuff but i haven’t done so yet, that’s all really.
>does first entry
nah man this is a 30 month challenge idk who told you what
These are what I would consider to be the most basic, bare-bones questions of character creation.
- What would completely break your character?
- What was the best thing in your character’s life?
- What was the worst thing in your character’s life?
- What seemingly insignificant memories stuck with your character?
- Does your character work so that they can support their hobbies or use their hobbies as a way of filling up the time they aren’t working?
- What is your character reluctant to tell people?
- How does your character feel about sex?
- How many friends does your character have?
- How many friends does your character want?
- What would your character make a scene in public about?
- What would your character give their life for?
- What are your character’s major flaws?
- What does your character pretend or try to care about?
- How does the image your character tries to project differ from the image they actually project?
- What is your character afraid of?
- What is something most people in your setting do that your character things is dumb?
- Where would your character fall on a politeness/rudeness scale?
This checklist can be used during both planning and editing stages.
- Does your protagonist have a personality beyond being heroic and nice?
- Does your protagonist have agency?
- Does your protagonist’s personality change?
- Did your protagonist have a life and relationships before the events of the story?
- Does your protagonist have flaws?
- Is your protagonist active as opposed to passive or reactive?
- Is your setting described well enough that readers can imagine themselves there?
- Is your setting used or described differently than similar settings by other authors?
- Do readers have a sense that your world extends outside the events of your story?
- Does your setting have its own unique atmosphere aside from being a backdrop for your plot?
- Is it important that the events in your story take place in this setting and not another?
Your Romantic Subplot/Plot (if applicable)
- Does the relationship have flaws?
- Does the relationship take time to develop?
- Does the love interest have their own personality beyond their romantic traits?
- Does the love interest have agency both inside and outside the relationship?
- Does the love interest have flaws?
Your Major Non-Protagonist Characters
- Do your major characters have varying opinions on your protagonist?
- Do your major characters have traits outside of their relationships with the protagonist?
- Do your major characters have varying gender identities, races, ability statuses, and sexual orientations, unless there is a good plot reason otherwise (such as the story taking place mainly at a male prison or a gay bar)?
- Do your major characters have different worldviews and senses of morality?
- Do most of your major characters have agency?
- Do your major characters have flaws?
- Do all of your major characters need to be there?
- Do most of your major characters’ personalities change?
Your Minor and Background Characters
- Do most of your minor characters have something that makes them interesting and memorable?
- Do your minor characters have varying gender identities, races, ability statuses, and sexual orientations, unless there is a good plot reason otherwise (such as the story taking place mainly at a male prison or a gay bar)?
- Do all of your minor characters need to be there?
- Does your antagonist have a reasonable motive for their actions?
- Does your antagonist have agency?
- Has your antagonist done enough to be taken seriously?
- Does your antagonist have good traits?
- Does your antagonist have traits outside of their relationship with the protagonist?
- Do your scenes flow logically?
- Are all of your questions either answered or left unanswered for a reason?
- Are there too many coincidences?
- Does your plot begin at the perfect spot?
- Does your plot end at the perfect spot?
- Is there conflict?
- Are there any scenes that could be left out?
- Does your plot happen because of the actions, reactions, and decisions of your characters?
- Are there any spelling or grammatical errors?
- Are there any sentences that could be left out?
- Are most of your sentences active instead of passive?
- Do you use mostly strong verbs (ex: drank, ran) instead of weak verbs (ex: was, did)?
- Do you use too many adverbs?
- Are your sentences varied in structure?
and u can even make a lot of variety in a white cishet oc. and not every trans oc u make needs to a non-binary super-queer or someone who is Out and Proud as TRANS!!!!!!!!! there are so many ways of being a person make a trans oc who is post transition and it never even comes up except when the no-pants-dance is imminent b/c they don’t want/can’t get bottom surgery . make a trans oc who is out to no one. make a trans oc who hates being trans. make a gay oc who is celibate by choice b/c they’re hyper-religious and think its ok as long as they dont indulge. make a gay oc who has a devoted life partner.
so many ways. i can think of a million OC bases off the top of my head b/c there are so many kinds of people and even on the basic, one sentence, looks-like-a-trope, undeveloped level, you can have SO MUCH variety!!!!
i love ocs. i love my ocs. i love your ocs.